Saturday, January 15, 2011

Terrible Bed, Bath & Beyond

So for those of you who know and care, we’re in the middle of the playoffs. Like, those football ones. I don’t care, and never have, but I’m constantly being confronted by it this year. And where I come from, {or at least, according to my fiancé and his family} you either love the Steelers or die.


Now, this Terrible Towel thing- I don’t understand at all. Is it supposed to be cool? Because if so, I think they need to commission a line of terrible bath products: The Terrible Toothbrush, The Terrible Toilet Cover, and {my favorite} The Terrible Shower Mat.

One of my best friends is getting married this summer, and I’m in her wedding. Her colors? Black and yellow. She is in no way, shape, or form a Steelers fan. You’d probably insult her if you mentioned it. She likes black because it’s formal, and thinks that yellow will be a nice accent. But there’s no escaping it. Apparently, {no joke} there are Steelers weddings. You can get decorations, cake toppers, and garters. {Terrible cake toppers?}



A football-themed wedding sort of gives me the creeps; I'm not going to lie. It reaches a new level of idolatry. It’s funny at first, and then when I think about it I get sad. I know that most people think that weddings are a joke- so be as ridiculous as possible! There is a lot of nonsense involved in the preparations. So why add to it by making your big day a total joke?


Don't make your wedding a "Terrible Wedding."

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Black & Gold are totally different from Charcoal and Lemon! Haha, it's so true. Sports wedding? I think not...

    ReplyDelete