Monday, January 3, 2011

Rings and Honeymoon Savings

So I really have to recommend the home-grown jeweler. The fiancé and I went to a local jeweler in his hometown over the New Year break. I don't know much about jewelry, but I'm wary of places like KING'S and KAY. It seems you pay more for the name than the quality.

We wanted white gold bands, but we were prepared to get something cheaper if the gold prices were as ridiculous as rumored. Gold is expensive these days!



We ended up with a pretty reasonable price. Being smaller people, we might have got lucky. I wear a size 4 and he wears a size 6 ¼. The total cost for both rings was $325.00. They had to order in custom sizes, so we expect to see the rings mid-January.

We also managed to book our New Orleans honeymoon hotel for a very reasonable price. With an AAA discount, we were able to book a nice room for only $80.00 a night. We’re keeping an eye out for reasonable flights in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment